I am eliminating the following from my diet:So in the interests in clarity here are the rules that I have set up for myself:
- Any added sugars such as sucrose, corn syrup, fructose
- Any fruit juice concentrates or syrups
What I am allowed:
- Pureed fruit (as long as none of the fibre has been removed)
- Honey in small quantities although the idea is to gradually move away from sweetened foods
- Organic maple syrup (this is so expensive there is no way I could bring myself to have it daily nor in big quantities)
I’ll update this post as I go along. The goal is not to eliminate ‘sugars’ 100% but rather to remove refined sugars and also as a result drastically cut down on overall sugar consumption in my diet. I feel that by allowing small amounts of sweetness in my diet, it will make my quest more sustainable in the long run.